Steel Door Industries is Calgary's fastest growing Commercial Passage Door Supplier. We have a combined 25 years experience in the commercial door industry and are now hiring.
We provide access solutions by servicing and installing a variety of exit doors, passage doors, overhead doors (through our sister company Diesel Overhead Doors) and driveway gate systems, operators and associated controls.
We have an immediate opening for a Passage Door Service and Installation Technician located in the Calgary office.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, Passage Door Service and Install Technician will service and install pedestrian doors for commercial clients. This role is a permanent, full time position.
• Diagnose problems, provide solutions, and carry out required work on passage / pedestrian doors
• Regularly coordinate with the service scheduler on problem solving and required parts
• Other duties, as assigned
• Mechanically inclined and capable of installing doors and frames correct and square
• Solid working knowledge of the various passage door types i.e. hollow metal, wood, glass aluminum
• Solid working knowledge of press steel frames, knock-down frames, wood and aluminum frames
• Business savvy with customer service focus
• Strong work ethic, team player and positive attitude
• Good communication and problem-solving skills
• Strong safety mindset
• Willing and able to successfully complete pre-site access requirements including Drug and Alcohol tests as required
• Previous experience with door automation considered an asset
Qualifications for Job Hiring
• Capable of installing doors and frames plumb and square
• Able to install and adjust hinges (mechanical/electrified) to properly fit the door in the opening • Able to install various types of door hardware i.e. closers, locksets (mechanical/electrified), deadbolts, thresholds, weather stripping, exit devices, magnetic lock, door sweeps
• Capable of installing automatic barrier free operators, sliding and revolving doors
• Possess valid Driver’s License and clean abstract
• Good physical condition; able to lift up to 50 pounds repetitively, work on feet all day and in all weather conditions
• A positive work environment with competitive pay
• Encouragement and support for our Technicians and Installers in obtaining CDI Certification
• Comprehensive technical, safety and product training provided
• Opportunity to build a long-term career with upward mobility
• Strong team players
• SECOR Certified workplace
• Equal opportunity employer
To Apply and Join Our Team
If this career opportunity sounds like the right fit for you, apply online with your resume and include your salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please add “PASSAGE DOOR TECHNICIAN” to the subject line of all correspondence. Applications will be accepted until the position has successfully been filled.
Man Door repairman working